Heckengereuth located on south-east of Schleusingen and currently has 100 inhabitants, making it the smallest district .
22.02.1994 – Incorporation of Heckengereuth in the city Schleusingen
1354 Heckengereuth is first mentioned. The village lies in 409 m height directly on the lake Ratscher . In 1975 to 1983, the dam was built as flood protection . Here the reservoir historical Forkelsmühle in 1720 and home to the Forgemaster Kümpel fell victim .
The heritage protection old town hall was demolished in 2002 and is now in the hen Bergisch Museum Kloster Veßra visit . At the same place the current building was built in 2002 with a bell tower and Knell and serves as bus shelters and the subordination of Firefighters .
The former Culture House is now operated by the bowling club Heckengereuth e . V. as a club building . The association organizes the annual Easter fire and in July a village festival , which is celebrated with the biggest country festival in Germany on mountain lake.
the district mayor:
Am Bergsee 18 a