Since 01.01.2013 the city Schleusingen has assumed the fulfillment (administration) for the community of St. Kilian.
Schleusingen lies in 372-400 m NN on the southern slope of the Thuringian Forest. Documented Schleusingen was first mentioned in 1232 as villa Slusungen and received in 1412 the town charter.
The Bertholdsburg , a 4 towers flanked Renaissance building with splendid portals, is the bulkiest and most impressive building of the city. Until 1583 it was the seat of the Counts of Henneberg. Today it houses a Museum of Natural History.
The geographic center of the fringed with Linden marketplace, the one derived from the 1710 market fountain adorns the statue of the Countess Elisabeth von Henneberg. An ensemble of urban planning and historically valuable building takes the viewer around the market and the metro area.